How could it help me?
"Natural forces within are the true healers"
In a hypnotic state, the conscious and unconscious parts of the mind are more accessible, and more open to influence and change.
It is easier to get to the heart of an issue, and easier to process any unresolved issues while in a hypnotic state.
By accessing different levels of your mind, we can work on a wide range of mental, emotional and behavioural issues, and even apparently physical issues.
Our profoundly transformative hypnotherapy has helped people with a huge range of issues, including...
(click on a condition for more information)
Safe and in control
Hypnosis is a spectrum of perfectly normal, natural states of mind which you put yourself into dozens of times every day. Have you ever daydreamed? Have you ever found yourself driving 'on autopilot'? Or got 'lost' in a book or a film? Have you ever used your imagination? These are the same kinds of state of mind as being in hypnosis.
During a hypnotherapy session:
- You retain control at all times.
- You remain conscious and aware.
- You can speak and move if you want to.
- You could get up and walk out of the session at any time if you wanted to.
- You cannot get 'stuck' in a hypnotic trance. That idea is a myth perpetrated by Hollywood because it makes for a good story line.
- It's not about brainwashing you. We're working with what is already in your mind that is not serving you. It's about healing.
- You will not be 'made' to do anything you do not want to do. It is not a stage show for entertainment; it is therapy. Your welfare is our paramount concern.
Hello there! Delighted to make your acquaintance.
I'm an analytical hypnotherapist based in South London. I use the uniquely powerful "Deep Transformation Hypnosis Method" developed by Master Hypnotherapist, Andrew Parr. My clients tell me I'm very good at it!
I favour the view that effective hypnotherapy rarely requires deep levels of trance - let's rather leave unconsciousness to your sleeping hours! In other words, the 'therapy' bit of 'hypnotherapy' is far more important than the 'hypno' bit. When you are more aware of the process of the therapy as it unfolds, you're building a conscious roadmap which you can use to help you at a later time. The 'hypno' bit just means that we're taking a walk in the garden of your subconscious - you may be amazed how much clarity and relief is to be found there. It makes for very effective therapy.
We are all in some level of trance all of the time. In hypnotherapy, we're looking to reshape your trance which will reshape your experience of life.
In some sessions, I may also utilise a bit of Thought Field Therapy (TFT), directing you to 'tap' with your finger on a series of meridian points. This therapy can be especially useful (in conjunction with the hypnotherapy) for letting go of trapped emotions. TFT representatives regularly travel to Rwanda to help people heal from the legacy of the genocide.
My hypnotherapy Qualifications and Accreditations
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (issued by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council)
- Diploma in Professional Hypnotherapy & Hypnosis (issued by Andrew Parr Training Ltd.)
- Diploma in Past Life Therapy (issued by The Past Life Therapists Association)
- Certificate in Statement Analysis (Advanced level, issued by Advanced Interviewing Concepts)
- Certificate in Thought Field Therapy (TFT-Algo, issued by Callahan Techniques)
- Registered Practitioner with the General Hypnotherapy Register
- Enhanced DBS checked (for both children and adults)
- Fully insured
Hypnotic regression and Hypno-analysis
Steve specialises in safely taking you back to the root or crux of your issue - an earlier point in your life, or even in a past life.
- Break free from whatever was holding you back
- Heal the past and move on
- Let go of yesterday's problems
- Overcome fears and phobias that seem to have no obvious cause
- Uncover the reason for unexplained feelings
- Unlock hidden memories
"I came to Steve to relieve some emotional issues that I had been having for a while and just felt I needed a little help. Steve put me at ease with his calm manner and was genuinely interested in what I had to say. I felt listened to. I felt in complete control during the session and now no longer feel weighed down by the negative emotions I was having. Steve used a variety of techniques and had real depth to his work. I felt I was in the hands of a very knowledgeable, caring man. I would happily recommend Steve and would definitely see him again if I felt I needed to." - CG
Location & Fees
Including online option
at The Wimbledon Village Osteopath
39 Church Rd
London SW19 5DQ
at the Surrey Psychology Practice
Castle House, Park Road
Surrey SM7 3BT
via Skype, Zoom, or WhatsApp video (Skype‑nosis)
Did you know that hypnotherapy works just as well via video call as face-to-face? Many practitioners conduct their practice solely online.
The great benefit, of course, is that you can have a session from almost anywhere in the world - perhaps if something comes up for you while you are away on business, or just if you live too far away to meet face-to-face.
"As an actress who has to travel away to work, I have found working with Steve on Skype so useful; a wonderful tool to be able to have when away from home!... a deep and beautiful experience." – SE.
£90 (2 hours)
£150 (per 2 hour session)
My experience is that 2 hour sessions are the optimal length - short enough to be digestible, and much more efficient and effective than shorter sessions. If, however, you have special requirements, I'd be happy to discuss options with you.
Notice for Cancellation/Re-Scheduling
If you cannot make an appointment please give at least 48 hours notice. If you do not give at least 48 hrs notice, you may be liable for the full cost of the whole session.